Monday, September 25, 2017

CrafTreat Stencils: Guest Design Post 2 (Part 2) by Preeti Datta

Hi Dear Friends :)

This is Preeti Datta (aka Dutt Preety) and I’m so happy and honored to be on the Craftreat blog today, sharing Part 2 of my second Guest Design Post for CrafTreat Stencils. Very grateful to dear Priya for the opportunity.

In case you'd like to see Part 1 of my CrafTreat GD post, please click here
Also, if you'd like to see my first CrafTreat GD post with the August Stencil Release, please click here.

I have 7 projects to share today, cards and a Mixed Media Layout, so let's get started. I hope you will like seeing these projects :)


(Continued...) Cards

Card 9

For this Celebration Card, I sponged on Manganese Blue Archival ink through the CrafTreat Layered Stencil – Poppy to create the bird which was fussy cut. Then, did watercoloring on a watercolor panel to create the ombre look of the sky. Stamped on the sentiment and adhered the bird to the panel. In the end, added a few half pearls for embellishment.

Card 10

For this Autumn Inspired Hello Card, I did some watercoloring (on a watercolor paper panel) to create an organic background with the colors of autumn and then sponged on black soot distress ink through the CrafTreat Layered Stencil – Leaves. Then added a little splatter with black ink. Kept the design CAS by embellishing with a little strip of cardstock and 3 tiny squares cut out from cardstock snippets.

Card 11

For this Christmas Card, I sponged on the Christmas tree design from the CrafTreat Layered Stencil – Christmas using Emerald Green Archival Ink. I used archival Ink because I knew I was going to spray water over top of the design and archival inks are permanent once dry. Then I sprayed on 3 colors of Lindys Stamp Gang Starburst Sprays (Blingy Blonde, Drop Dead Gorgeous Green and Sassy Sapphire) and sprayed on some water to make them mix. Once this was dry it looked shimmery and green. Then I stamped the snowflakes and sentiment. In the end, I added sparkle with silver stickles by creating tiny dots and a hand drawn border around the foam mounted panel.

Mixed Media Projects

Gelli Printing

Gelli printing is a fun and addictive way to create unique backgrounds for projects like art journals or collages. Stencils are a great way to get beautiful prints with a gelli plate and they can also be used on top of gelli printed papers to create focal images. In the following examples, I have used Craftreat Layered Stencils on top of gelli printed papers to create focal images for my mixed media cards.

Card 12

For this Encouragement card, I created a gelli printed paper with blue and white designs on it using acrylic paints and a brayer, I thought it would be good for depicting the sky. Then sponged on some black acrylic paint through the CrafTreat Layered Stencil – City Scape, once it was dry I sponged on the second part of the stencil using white acrylic paint. This was die cut into a rectangle and then adhered to the card base. The sentiment was stamped, cut into a pennant and foam mounted on the card.


Card 13

For this Thanks Card, I sponged on some blue and black acrylic paint through the CrafTreat Layered Stencil- Peacock onto an orange hued gelli printed paper. Then tore the edges of it. Stamped on the sentiment and created a black border with a marker. Then matted this with another gelli printed paper which was torn from the edges for an organic look. A border was created around this with white acrylic paint. Few black and white dots were added in the end.

Card 14

For this Congratulations Card, using a gelli printed paper as a background, I sponged on black and white acylic paints through the Leaves and Butterflies Craftreat Layered Stencils. Then added the heat embossed sentiment. 

Mixed Media Layout: Embrace Life Everyday


(Craftreat Layered Stencils Used: Feathers, Peacock, Poppy, Leaves, Butterflies)

These are a few close-up photos:





I wanted to depict life in all its forms and how we should embrace our life on a daily basis.

Process: I prepared the base by applying white gesso, then created the background by sponging black archival ink through the Poppy, Peacock and Butterflies Craftreat Layered Stencils. Then applied modeling paste through the Feathers, Leaves and 2nd step of the Butterflies Craftreat Layered Stencil. After everything was dry, I added color using ink sprays and watercolors. Moved the color around with sprays of water, an aqua brush and by titling the page around. After it was dry, did background stamping with black archival ink. Prepared a few leaf embellishments for layering by sponging ink through the Leaves Craftreat Layered Stencil and then fussy cutting them out. The chosen images were layered with some gauze, die cut leaves and stenciled leaves. In the end, added a few word stickers for the title and created splatter with watered down white gesso. 

That’s it from me :) Thanks again for having me here, it was loads of fun!

All the Craftreat Stencils can be purchased from thecraftshop here.
There are great deals on bundles of Craftreat Layered Stencils here and here.

Thanks a ton for your precious time dear friends :)
Would love to read your sweet comments.
Stay Blessed!

Preeti D.
Blog
Instagram

8 comments: